Research Technician in precision medicine at the Medical University of Vienna (Austria) in collaboration with the Center for Molecular Medicine (CeMM)
We are recruiting a highly-motivated Research Technician at the Staber laboratory of the Medical University of Vienna, Department of Medicine I, Division of Hematology and Hemostaseology. The position is financed by the Wiener Wissenschafts-, Forschungs- und Technologiefonds (WWTF, Life Science – Precision Medicine /LS16/034 Superti-Furga/ Jäger).
Due to the heterogeneity of hematological malignancies, it is very difficult to identify effective therapies once a cancer has become resistant to standard treatments. To identify personalized resistance-breaking therapies in hematologic cancers we aim to investigate the feasibility and clinical impact of next-generation functional drug screening (ngFDS) measured at single-cell resolution and next generation sequencing (NGS) of patient material. Ex vivo and clinical drug responses will be rigorously tracked and matched to other biomarkers and patients’ genomics, to suggest a mechanism of action.
The successful candidate will work closely with PhD students, postdocs and medical doctors at the Division of Hematology (MUW) and at the CeMM to investigate ways to overcome drug resistance in hematological malignancies. Techniques include tissue preparation, molecular and functional characterization of tumors, and database management.
- Degree in either biology or chemistry (MTA, CTA, B.Sc., M.Sc., Mag., DI).
- Previous experience with database software.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Knowledge of the German language is helpful.
- Provide a motivation letter.
- Provide a detailed curriculum vitae
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Excellent work ethic, very good communication skills and ability to work in a team in an international environment.
- High accuracy, reliability and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
We offer a competitive salary: this position will be paid according to the guidelines of the Austrian Science Fund. The monthly gross salary will be € 2.262,00 - € 2.433,00, depending on the qualification on a full time basis. In addition, the position comes with comprehensive health insurance.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com